ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – MAY 2017
Congratulations to Isabella Marles, AOTM for May 2017. Well done!!!
Isabella wins the award for her selection on the Australian Age Group Team for the ITU World Championships in Rotterdam.
The commitment she showed to qualifying while juggling university, work, training and social commitments was inspiring!!!
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Thank you so much I am SO excited !!!! …Like I should retire - have officially done it all !
2. What attracted you to the club?
I signed up for Mooloolaba in 2014 and thought a bit of training would be a good idea so i found red dog and went from there!
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
I am suppose to be have a little break and am off program at the moment but still training everyday and most days twice a day. It takes a lot for me to rest (something I am working on).
4. Least favourite session and why?
My least favourite session is 5x1km track session. I don’t know why but I just hate it!
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
Everlasting wishes and then I’d wish that my attention span lasted more than a couple of minutes and also a TT bike with some nice carbon wheels. (thats three wishes but I couldn’t decide).
6. Favourite motivational quote?
Big Gear, No Fear.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
It's not about where you start it's where you finish.
8. My next race is…
Not sure yet, will have to find a few races to do before Rotterdam!
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
A well stocked fridge and a good attitude.
My Mum and Dad and best friend Laura.
Gym Coach : Matt Winkley.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Study (accounting) full time at QUT and work as an under graduate at Pitcher Partners.
Cycle and Coffee with friends.
Run with my Golden Retriever Puppy - Charlie.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
PEANUT BUTTER and HONEY on EVERYTHING and banana cake.