ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – JUNE 2017
Congratulations to Ben Castles, AOTM for June 2017. Well done!!!
Ben wins the award for his outstanding performance at Cairns Ironman and qualifying for Kona.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Pretty stoked to be honest, there have been a lot of great results this month that are all worthy of AOTM.
2. What attracted you to the club?
The reputation of Red Dog athletes. To improve I think you need to train with people who are better than you.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Haven't been doing a lot but now I'm getting back into it after a couple of cruisey weeks after Cairns.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Wednesday night swim, no pull buoy...
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
Ride all over Europe following the spring classics and the grand tours.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Set your goals high, you can achieve what ever you set your mind to do.
8. My next race is…
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
The support of my fiancé Jasmine. She put's up with a lot.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
I enjoy going camping and for a surf when I get time, haven't done either for a while now though.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Lick ice-cream in Graceville. THE BEST!