ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – APRIL 2017
Congratulations to Karen Ward, AOTM for April 2017. Well done!!!
Karen wins the award for her performance at the XTerra Off Road Triathlon at Cebu and qualifying for Maui!
A big thank you to SkinStrong, RHP Physiotherapy, GMN Vegie Prepi and Endura for donating this month’s prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Extremely surprised and a tad humble.
2. What attracted you to the club?
After some research, it was the calibre of athletes in the club that you have the opportunity to train with or alongside which has been very inspiring to me in my quest to improve across all three disciplines.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Until recently, between 10 to 15 hours per week.
4. Least favourite session and why?
I don't really have a least favourite session, the swim sessions can be challenging but I consider them a work in progress.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To remain fit and healthy so I can continue doing what I enjoy.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
Look beyond the frustrations, stay positive, keep moving forward and always race with integrity
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Be consistent in your training and you will be rewarded and secondly prepare for your training sessions beforehand and afterwards.
8. My next race is…
any relevant events between now and going to Xterra World Champs in October.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
being in good health.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Catching up with friends, music, travelling and being able to ride the bike in some pretty spectacular places in Australia and overseas.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Only one? Being able to sleep in until at least 7am.