ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – AUGUST 2021
COURTNEY LE LAY MARSDEN
Congratulations to Courtney Le Lay Marsden for being selected as Red Dog’s Athlete of the Month for August 2021.
Courtney wins this month’s award for finishing second in her category on Day 1 and winning the inaugural RDTT Husband Vs Wife Cup at the Rainbow Beach Double Triathlon. Well done!
A big thank you to our sponsors for donating this month’s prizes.
1.Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
I’ve waited a long time for this. It only took a life guard rescue and a win against Andy to make the cut.
2. What attracted you to the club?
I bought a wetty from a previous member, they highly recommended red dog. “Trent knows his stuff and Cath can talk under water but will get you on podium”.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Full gas in prep for sunny coast
4. What’s your favourite swim set and why?
Anything with band is always a laugh - everyone hates it and it’s slightly entertaining!
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To be as fast in the swim and run legs as I am in the bike leg
6. Favourite motivational quote?
If you're not first, you're last.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Don’t forget to remove your most recent race number stickers from your bike/ helmet prior to the next training session.
8.What’s your next event?
Sunny Coast half Ironman
9. What do you do outside of training?
Nerf gun wars around the house with the boys.
10. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here