ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – SEPTEMBER 2021
Congratulations to Andrew Small for being selected as Red Dog’s Athlete of the Month for September 2021.
Andy wins this month’s award for his performance winning his age group at Club Championships. Well done!
A big thank you to our sponsors for donating this month’s prizes.
1.Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Incredibly humbled to be picked for AOTM, after so many notable performances at club champs!
2. What attracted you to the club?
The people I meet at racing and training giving everything a red hot go, whilst getting results. And initially the red hot dating opportunity.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Roughly 10-12 hrs depending on how many snooze cycles are activated.
4. What’s your favourite swim set and why?
Storm season, don’t need a reason. Followed closely by any session that finishes with Enjoy Inn.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
That I could fulfil the prophecy of beating Ash Gentle at Noosa tri.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
“ I only have good days, and great days”. Lance Armstrong.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Listen to your coach, finish your set, and trust the process.
8.What’s your next event?
Noosa Tri, see ya there Ash.
9. What do you do outside of training?
I try to maintain some cycling form between being a house husband and working full time.
10. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Never ending Cycling related purchases.
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here