ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – JUNE 2015
Congratulations to Bec East on being selected as Red Dog’s Athlete of the Month for June 2015. Well done !!!
Bec takes out this month's award for winning her age group at Cairns 70.3.
A big thank you to Skin Strong, No More Knots and Aqua Shop for donating this month’s prizes
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
A litte embarrassed. Red Dog is new to me and I don’t know many people. I’m a new member and new to the triathlon sport.
2. What attracted you to the club?
I wanted to train with a triathlon club to get the experience for other members and get training tips, rather than just run with a running club.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
I train 6 days. - 3 days, 2 sessions
4. Least favourite session and why?
I would always respond quickly with “swim squad”, but now I think I’d say sprints!!! My running is suffering in training 3 disciplines (and I don’t like that).
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To run sub 4.30’s off the bike !!!
6. Favourite motivational quote?
"What you think, you become.
What you feel, you attract.
What you imagine, you create."
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Get a PLAN, trust the plan, tick it off and enjoy the race!! Anything is possible.
8. My next race is…
Port Macquarie 70.3 SO EXCITED.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
My training buddy Keely. I spend too many hours a day training & without awesome training buddies I wouldn’t do it. My training is filled with lots of friends all doing something incredibly challenging. I love it.
p.s. Good coaches make it too !!!
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
A mother of 4 gorgeous children. Some run, some don’t !!
Run my own marketing business from home.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Wine & cheese !!!!