ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – JULY 2015
Congratulations to Heidi Frisch on being selected as Red Dog’s Athlete of the Month for July 2015. Well done !!!
Heidi takes out this month's award for your dedication and commitment to training through the coolest months of the year.
A big thank you to Skin Strong, No More Knots and Aqua Shop for donating this months’ prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Holy moly cow. Utterly shocked and bewildered, but got to be chuffed.
2. What attracted you to the club?
Was a bit of an accident really, but sometimes the things that take you by surprise are often the best. I have Fleur and Pete Dennis to thank, ever grateful.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Not as much as I'd like but I always have intentions for 3 of each.
4. Least favourite session and why?
The ones that don't end with breakfast, and any swim sessions that have a set number greater than 200 in it.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To do more, to be more and to be better.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought" - Tom Robbins
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Excuses are your worst enemy. once you get going just don't stop - You get fat really quickly.
8. My next race is…
Noosa for now. I tend to enter most things the week of. I crumble with peer pressure and promises of cake.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
the incredible people who make Red Dog the great club it is.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
I am a bit of a wood fanatic and I spend a great deal of time working on my house.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
My whole life is one guilty pleasure.