ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – JANUARY 2022
Congratulations to Ty Mandrusiak for being selected as Red Dog’s Athlete of the Month for January 2022.
Ty wins this month’s award for his first ever podium performance at Robina and increased commitment to training in 2022.Well done!
A big thank you to our sponsors for donating this month’s prizes.
1.Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
A Long time coming. I’ve been knocking on the door for ages.
2. What attracted you to the club?
A great group of people that like to train hard.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
2 swim, 2 bike, 2 run and plenty of Neural Flossing.
4. What’s your favourite session and why?
A Saturday session at the Rocklea Hotel or the one where Trent reminds the whole squad that I won a bronze medal in the Rugby Sevens at the Commonwealth Games.
5. Who’s your ideal training partner and why?
Mmmmm Tan Brewer and Ange Clarke at the moment but that can change.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
Less is More.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
keep turning up and chipping away.
8. What’s your next event?
9. What do you do outside of training?
Plenty of Coffee meetings at school.
10. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Spam / Eggs and Rice Hawaiian style.
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here