ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – NOVEMBER 2019
Congratulations to Alana Hewish, AOTM for November 2019.
Alana wins for her performance at Noosa, taking out her age group and finishing 7th female overall. Well done!
A big thank you to our sponsors for donating this month’s prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
I should quit now.... it doesn't get better than this!
2. What attracted you to the club?
I was a social competitor at Noosa in 2018 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I decided that I wanted to give Noosa a good crack in 2019. Red Dog was a natural choice with the Red Dog ladies taking out the top 3 in my age group at Noosa in 2018.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
I'm currently enjoying a much needed "off season". This involves a few more sleep ins, a few more runs and a lot less swimming. Pre-noosa I was doing three sessions of each discipline per week.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Does it count as a least favourite session if you never do it? If so, wind trainer. If not, I am yet to meet anyone who enjoys Friday morning band only swim sets.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
In the triathlon realm, I wish that I could successfully navigate T1. I have only very recently progressed from running in my cycling shoes, to attempting to mount my bike with the shoes already on it. This is a work in progress, and very entertaining for anyone who overtakes me as I'm struggling to mount my bike (ie. Clare and Hedda at Raby Bay).
6. Favourite motivational quote?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
1. Do as I say, not as I do.
2. Listen to Trent. Turns out he knows a lot more than you do about this whole triathlon thing, even when he makes you do Coot-tha instead of track
8. My next race is…
Raby Bay Rumble!! Aiming to ensure that Brett Sweeney loses another cartoon as a result of a bet placed on/against me.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
My mum and dad.
Rogue dogs aka the most motivating, supportive and like-minded people I know.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
In my head, I'm Elle Woods. In reality, I spend the majority of my time sitting behind a computer screen doing all things construction law.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
I'm a big fan of almond croissants from Le Bon Choix and gelato from Messina.
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here