ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – AUGUST 2016
Congratulations to Maddie Morton, AOTM for August 2016. Well done!!!
A big thank you to Aqua Shop, Go Gecko, Shoes Feet Gear and AvantiPlus The Valley for donating this month’s prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Stoked ! Really excited - Thank you very much!
2. What attracted you to the club?
Seeing Red Dogs getting awesome results at races and being such a happy and friendly squad!
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
10 to 12 sessions a week including the all important Physio & Pilates.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Surprise time trials - I get so nervous for no reason, I'm working on this though!
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To travel to every country in the world and inspire people to be their best.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
'Actually I can..' is my go to motivational quote at the moment and Laurie Lawrence has some wise words of wisdom "Be the best I can be, no more, no less, with no excuses".
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Don't overthink it, just go hard, trust yourself and your team.
8. My next race is…
World Championships - Cozumel. Racing 20 - 24 Aquathlon, Sprint & Standard distances - Yep they don't call me Mad for no reason!
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
The support of an awesome squad, friends and of course my number one fan - Mum.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Work all over Qld with Converse, drink way too much Coffee and get to the beach as much as possible.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
A fresh pair of kicks to add to the collection.. I've always loved sneakers!
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here