ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – JULY 2016
Congratulations to Keith Hungerford, AOTM for July 2016. Well done!!!
A big thank you to No More Knots, Endura, Aqua Shop and AvantiPlus The Valley for donating this month’s prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Very surprised and pleased !
2. What attracted you to the club?
The club has a great cross section of people of different levels but all very focused. It’s got a high standard of coaching and is a great place for our kids to train.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Around 10hrs/week at the moment including some commuting on my bike.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Swimming with paddles. It really smashes my arms and shoulders. I try to improve things I am below average at, so I go to Thursday night swim sessions at Yeronga.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
Happy healthy family.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
‘It’s not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better....’ Teddy Roosevelt.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is… I am still a newbie I think but my advice would be – Do open water swimming before your first race
8. My next race is… Hervey Bay 100.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without… A good set of lungs!
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Spending time with Michelle, Family/Parenting, structural engineering, camping, reading.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Chocolate, most sorts except for white.
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here