ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – DECEMBER 2013
Congratulations to Sarah Crealy on being selected as Reddog’s Athlete of the Month for December 2013. Well done!!!
She wins the award for her outstanding PB at Busselton Ironman.
A big thank you to GMN Vegie Prepi, Queens Arms Hotel and All Hose and Valves for donating this month's prizes.
1. Reddog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Stunned - with the talent in the club I never thought I'd see the day.
2. What attracted you to the sport of triathlon?
Trent's great demeanour and endless good mood at all of our sessions. The fun I've had along they way is what's kept me coming back for the past 5 years.
3. If you were Reddog coach for the week, what would you do differently?
Start the Saturday rides at 5.30 (5.00 is just painful), do an open water swim and hit the trails for a run.
4. How much training do you do at the moment?
Wellllll.... I've not been doing too much since Busselton, but when I'm back into it I do the usual 3-4 rides, 3 runs and 2-3 swims
5. Least favourite session and why?
Swimming in winter... hate it... HATE IT... it just makes absolutely no sense to be going to the pool when it's freezing and dark.
6. If you had one wish, what would it be?
That getting out of bed came easy to me.
7. Favourite motivational quote?
Just do it, because then it's done!
8. What advice would you give to other Reddogs who would like to be AOTM?
Just do it, because then it's done! And have fun - if we're not having fun what are we doing it for?
9. What are your goals?
To have a good solid race at Cairns Ironman in June - and to hit the starting line injury free.
10. Who would be your ideal training partner?
Kellie Pritchard-Peschek - selfishly she's moved to Switzerland for a wonderful career opportunity - KPP has gotten me through many, many long rides. Having her back training with myself and my other favourite gals Kate Fryer and Sally Rayner (Frizzell.. sorry Dave) would be ideal. Scott is also pretty useful for towing me around my long rides for whatever event I'm training for - thanks Scotty
11. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Renovate my house - I'm an expert painter now. I'm also studying Psychology at uni and when I have a moment I do my day job also.
12. What's your one guilty pleasure?
I can't choose - my four great loves in life; a sleep in, a big packet of potato chips, a shandy on a hot day and glass of port in winter.