Brett Sweeney - July Athlete of the Month 2010
1. Reddog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Pretty stoked. There have been some handy athletes get the award previously.
2. What attracted you to the sport of triathlon?
I did a lot of team sports when I was younger but now I enjoy being able to try things individually. Plus it takes me way too long to get over a game of footy now then when I was in my 20's
3. If you were Reddog coach for the week, what would you do differently?
Everyone would have to swim slower than me - which I'm sure would prove to be much more challenging than trying to swim faster than me ;)
4. How much training do you do at the moment?
7-10 sessions depending on what I am training for.
5. Least favourite session and why?
I actually usually look forward to all sessions. But when it's cold in the middle of winter I struggle to get in the pool.
6. If you had one wish, what would it be?
I actually get more out of watching other people achieve their goals than I do from achieving my own goals. So my wish would be to watch those who put in the hard work achieve the goal they have worked hard to get. For me there is nothing more rewarding.
7. Favourite motivational quote?
"Dream it, believe it achieve it"
"If you think you can or you think you can't, you are usually right"
8. What advice would you give to other Reddogs who would like to be AOTM?
Consistency brings the biggest breakthroughs and biggest rewards.
9. What are your goals?
Pretty simple really. I just work on constantly improving and turning up to each session with a positive attitude.
10. Who would be your ideal training partner?
I'm sure most of the blokes will understand this - if I could run behind Felicity Abram I reckon I would be a much better runner ;) - but seriously anyone who is prepared to get out and have a crack and is reliable would be ideal.