JANUARY 2013 ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – STUART HARRIS
Congratulations to Stuart Harris on his selection as Reddog’s Athlete of the Month for January 2013.
Stuart wins the award for his outstanding performance at TQ Aquathlon Championships and the positive attitude he brings to every session.
A big thanks to Nick from Endura, Fusion Cycles and No More Knots for donating this months’ prize.
1. Reddog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
It was a bit of a surprise to me.
2. What attracted you to the squad?
The very welcoming group of people and coaches who like to have fun as well as compete at a high standard.
3. If you were Reddog coach for the week, what would you do differently?
Maybe bring back strength session for my chicken legs.
4. How much training do you do at the moment?
Train every day and most days twice a day.
5. Least favourite session and why?
Probably Monday swim session. It just hurts not coming from a swim background.
6. If you had one wish, what would it be?
The first wish I probably can’t say here. Second wish is to just have fun and live a prosperous life.
7. Favourite motivational quote?
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. (Norman Vincent Peale)
8. What advice would you give to other Reddogs who would like to be AOTM?
Just train hard even when you're falling asleep at the computer at work
9. What are your goals?
Crack 2 hrs for Olympic and make the Australian team for worlds.
10. Who would be your ideal training partner?
Probably Brad Mathers, Rosie McGeoch as these guys have the same ambitions and push me to greater heights.
11. What do you do outside of triathlons?
When I am not training and racing I am mostly travelling with work or spending time with my very supportive family and friends.