ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – JANUARY 2018
Congratulations to Jeff Lang, AOTM for January 2018.
Jeff wins the award for winning his age group in the Super Sprint at Robina.
A big thank you to our sponsors RHP Physiotherapy, GMN Vegie Prepi, No More Knots and Endura for donating this month’s prizes.
Well done Jeff!
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Extremely honoured. Thank you so much!
2. What attracted you to the club?
Britto was already training with RD so I joined up. Several years ago now. Love it!
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Just getting back into it. Trying to get a couple of swim, bike and runs in a week….hit and miss though.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Tuesday night swims…..way too much kicking….lol
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
The world without greed would be pretty cool I reckon. Oh and 4 (working) day weeks….wait that’s 2 wishes…
6. Favourite motivational quote?
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Forget times, just go at your own pace and enjoy the experience. I still get a buzz on race day!
8. My next race is…
Caloundra or the Corporate Tri at the Spit.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
Support from my wife and inspiration from my kids. I’ve got an awesome family.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Surf and work on the farm mainly. Getting into some bush and mountain walking too recently.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Apart from Jim Beam? Chocolate……once I start it’s all over….I’m dreading Easter….hahaha!!
12. Who’s your favourite sparring partner in the squad and why?
Chris Brittain. We’re around the same age and pace so he’s always pushing me. Everyone needs a sparring partner right?!
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here