ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – JULY 2017
Congratulations to Trish Wright, AOTM for July 2017. Well done!!!
Trish wins the award for her positive attitude and dedication to training whilst undertaking a PhD and winning her age group at Ironman France.
A big thank you to our sponsors Diamondport, Endura, the Brow Bar and GMN Vegie Prepi for donating this month’s prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
I was totally surprised excited and humbled. It’s a real honour to be chosen.
2. What attracted you to the club?
Jo Cochrane was the big draw card. She is a good friend and had talked so much about Trent and how good he was, particularly with people like me who struggle with injuries.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
I really do stick with what I’m told to do on my program! 3 swim squads, 3-4 bike sessions and 3 runs as well as the rest, maintenance and stretching, about 20 hours/week.
4. Least favourite session and why?
There isn’t one. All the sessions have a purpose and even though some are tougher than others I treat them all the same, I just do them as they come up, because that’s what I need to do to get where I want to go.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To sort out my long standing, 4 years, achilles problem.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
Sir Roger Banister: "We run not because we think it is good for us, but because we enjoy it and can not help ourselves".
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is… take on the advice given to you and stick to your plan.
8. My next race is… Alpes d'Huez Triathlon.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without… enjoying myself while I’m out there and getting my dose of nature.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
I’m a francophile, so enjoy reading French novels.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here