ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – JANUARY 2016
Congratulations to Ashley Portas on being selected as Red Dog’s Athlete of the Month for January 2016. Well done !!!
Ashley takes out this month's award for placing 3rd at the Australian Sprint Championships at Robina.
A big thank you to Endura, No More Knots, Skin Strong, All Hose and Valves and RHP Physiotherapy for donating this month’s prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
I am absolutely thrilled to be AOTM. It was totally unexpected, as was the result at Robina.
2. What attracted you to the club?
Initially I was attracted to the club because the athletes in my age group winning races were Red dog members...
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
At the moment I am doing 250km on the bike, about 40km running and 10km swimming a week. It works out to be about 15hrs a week.
4. Least favourite session and why?
My least favourite session is my long run on Sunday, as it's so boring.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
I wish to race in Cairns 70.3 this year.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” – Eric Thomas
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is… Its not about the gear. Train consistently, eat well, sleep well, rest when your body tells you to.
8. My next race is… .Geelong 70.3 this Sunday.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without… good mates at Red Dog to train with.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
I hang out with my family and friends, and try to travel as much as possible.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
A nice shiraz from the Barossa Valley.
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here