ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – FEBRUARY 2022
Congratulations to Andrew Affleck for being selected as Red Dog’s Athlete of the Month for February 2022.
Andrew wins this month’s award for winning his age group at the Noosa 5km open water swim. Well done!
A big thank you to our sponsors for donating this month’s prizes.
1.Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
It's certainly well overdue. I've waited a decade for this moment. It's up there with my wedding day and birth of my children.
2. What attracted you to the club?
I used to work near the Valley Pool so it was convenient and there were some great swimmers in the squad who made training fun and challenging.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Two pool swims and one ocean swim
4. What’s your favourite session and why?
40x50 - 16 on 45 every 4th fast, 12 on 50 every 3rd fast, 8 on 55 every 2nd fast, 4 on 60 all fast.
5. Who’s your ideal training partner and why?
These days anyone willing to lead the lane. So ... not Peter Court.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
Bad decisions make for good stories
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Listen to your coach. The more efficient you are, the easier and more enjoyable it'll get.
8. What’s your next event?
Maybe the Mudjimba Island swim in April.
9. What do you do outside of training?
I have two young kids so plenty of time with them. I also love torturing myself as a Broncos fan.
10. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here