ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – MARCH 2018
Congratulations to Wayne Cooley, AOTM for March 2018.
Wayne wins the award for his outstanding performances at Bribie Island and Kingscliff. Well done!
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Great privilege to be top Red Dog! I have always dreamed of this moment.
2. What attracted you to the club?
Trent and his coaching staff are top quality. Also attracted by the enjoyment factor.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
As much as I can.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Love it all.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
Love, peace and kindness to the world.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
Slow and steady wins the race.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
8. My next race is…
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
Easy - couldn't do it without family support.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Love to play guitar.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
12. Who’s your favourite sparring partner in the squad and why?
Everyone in my age category lol
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here