ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – AUGUST 2015
Congratulations to Michael Boyd on being selected as Red Dog’s Athlete of the Month for August 2015. Well done !!!
Michael takes out this month's award for his performance at the State Duathlon Championships.
A big thank you to Endura, All Hose and Valves, Shoes Feet Gear and RHP Physiotherapy for donating this months’ prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Feels great! Can't complain about that!
2. What attracted you to the club?
I'd just moved up from Melbourne and I'd seen a few Red Dogs down at the Luke Harrop tri on the Gold Coast! They were going pretty well so I thought I'd check it out!
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
I train 6 days a week if I can. Mostly with Red dog but I also have a some running and riding mates around home that I have some good times with.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Swim sessions would have to be my least favourite. Especially when it's cold. Or if your googles are crap.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To get my run time for 10km down to at least 32 minutes.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
"The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting" - Walt Disney.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Always remember to have fun and run your own race. Don't worry about what others are doing. Stick to your plan.
8. My next race is…
Morton Bay Triathlon for the Club Championships. Can't wait!!
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
My family in Melbourne and my Aunty and Uncle who I live with up here who always support me in anything I do. Also the Portside Panthers and Matt Foote and his cycling mates who I ride and run with if I can't make a Red Dog session.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
See a few mates that I ride or run with or head to the beach if I can.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Muffins and a coffee after a ride. Always a sucker for that stuff.