ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – AUGUST 2020
Congratulations to Vincent on being selected as Red Dog’s Athlete of the Month August 2020
Vincent wins this months award for his performance at the Rainbow Beach Triathlon, 40km TT performance and his commitment to training. Well done!
A big thank you to our sponsors for donating this month’s prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
I'd rather got AOTM for winning or at least making a podium on a Tri race! ... 1 day ;) I'll be back!
2. What attracted you to the club?
Since getting into Triathlon I've loved training with others and physically/mentally pushing it.
This together with Red dog's focussed training sessions.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
8 swim/bike/run sessions this week.
4. What’s your favourite RDTT session and why?
Pushing it on the bike down 1 of the Brookfield fingers.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
Have access to all knowledge.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
"carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"
(Seize the day, put very little trust in tomorrow (the future))
Motivational? Maybe. It's the only quote I always remember (from my local in the pre-Tri days).
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
On race weekend, don't put your bike & helmet to close to the kitchen stove.
8. Tell us in 20 words or less about your pre race experience at Rainbow Beach Triathlon?
D1: 3h drive up there. This resulted in tight hips on the bike leg. After a good stretch and sleep way better legs on D2.
9. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Developing software to pay for new bikes, camping trips with Mrs enjoying beach/sun/beer, traveling, scuba diving, ...
10. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Chocolate or honey sandwich
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here