ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – MAY 2020
- Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Wow but grateful to have come this far with supports.
- What attracted you to the club?
I had known Ange Clarke for years and thought time to join up and see what this Redogs are all about..
- How much training do you do at the moment?
Variable with no program .. marathon running is in my blood and I love the feeling of running that 42 .. most weeks ..
- What was the most challenging part of the RDTT Long Course Weekend?
Challenging.. the prep was done but a small stack on the bike and remembering I was doing it for my late sister who passed in March .. we all do this for reasons and it’s keeping that reason at the forefront when you come up challenged..
- If you had one wish, what would it be?
Being ageless and eternally fit .. & oh to love that program feeling one day with Coach Cath and Trent watching over !
- Favourite motivational quote?
Every childhood lasts a lifetime ...triathlons will be there still well after your son is an adult . Keep it in Balance . Sister.
- The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Newbies.. everyday of training is experience & don’t be afraid to ask questions.. and don’t fly down on bike on hills until confident
- Which two people would you invite to dinner during lockdown and why?
Emma Snowsill to hear how she did it and Renee Brown to hear that saying show up
- I couldn’t do what I do without…
I couldn’t do without my son.. who is better than me at the next question.. And oh my training pals Jeanine and Rob , Dirk , Sweeney , Lara , Lisa and Ange , & .. Mark who keep it real .
- What do you do outside of triathlons?
Taekwondo , Implementing my PhD findings in child protection in a career I love
- What’s your one guilty pleasure?
enjoying a merlot & chocolate . not at the same time.
- After this COVID-19 pandemic blows over, I am most looking forward to….
Training routine and program for IM to pass the 16 week mark for 2021 .. crossing that PM finish line .
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here