ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – APRIL 2020
1.Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Probably my best chance to get AOTM while there are no events to participate in and the whole world is in lockdown. HA! But seriously it did make my day. Thank you
2.What attracted you to the club? The constant niggling from Damo & Scott. But what sealed the deal was Trent's booming words of encouragement to me at the end stretch of my first Olympic triathlon in Noosa last year. He certainly put a smile on my face and run a little faster over the finish line.
3.How much training do you do at the moment? 4 times a week outdoors, keeping with the 2-person rule and have just completed a 30-day Pilates @ home challenge.
4.What’s been your biggest challenge during lockdown? I'm your classic extravert, I'm energized by being around other people. So the 'social isolation' has taken its toll on me for sure. I've had some pretty rough days but staying connected with the Red Dog crew has definitely helped getting through a day. Extra special kudos to Cath Collis, she has been amazing to keep us all connected, to stay positive and motivated.
5.If you had one wish, what would it be? To see my two sisters and give them a big hug. Sarah is on Gold Coast & Hannah in Ipswich and it’s been along two months since I last saw them.
- Favourite motivational quote? I can, I will, End of Story
- The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is. Don't be scared, the doggies don’t bite, they really are a friendly, goofy and encouraging pack.
8.Which two people would you invite to dinner during lockdown and why? I’d settle for anybody right about now…..sorry Scott.
- I couldn’t do what I do without .... coffee in the morning and wine at night
- What do you do outside of triathlons? I’m a mum of three wildly energetic boys, wife to a very determined, very intense but fun guy, flood principal of our engineering business, sister to some pretty awesome humans and a friend to many who I love to support to be the best they can be. So I’m always doing something, just not enough space to write it all down.
- What’s your one guilty pleasure? Mid-week wine with dark chocolate, although in lockdown it almost seems a necessity
12.After this COVID-19 pandemic blows over, I am most looking forward to. Going camping out west, by the beach I'll take either as long as it's with more than two people.
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here