If I had known an epic ‘Crash and Burn’ was the key to winning this award, I would have done it a LONG time ago and avoided 5 years of being disappointed month after month!!
2. What attracted you to the club?
I figured structured training with some top-notch AG athletes would help me improve.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Leading up to Bintan I was averaging over 14 hours per week.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Pool session, band only. Total torture.️
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
For Ben Stokes to have forgone the Poms for the mighty Black Caps.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
Particularly poignant for me at the moment - Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Everyone says it but... Consistent training is key.
8. My next race is…
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
A patient and understanding wife.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Taxi driver for two sport mad kids.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Beers and Burgers followed by more beers.