ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – DECEMBER 2018
Congratulations to Alicia Newman on being selected RDTT’s Athlete of the Month for December 2018!
Alicia wins the award for placing 7th at Taupo 70.3 and qualifying for Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Nice.
A big thank you to our sponsors the Brow Bar, Shoes Feet Gear, No More Knots and Endura for donating this month’s prizes..
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
I can’t believe Jacque beat me to the prize.
2. What attracted you to the club?
Brett Sweeney's badgering for many years!
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Nothing - just had my Xmas holiday attempting to ski for the first time!!! Looking forward to getting back into it.
4. Least favourite session and why?
The easy ones !!!
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
Continue my undefeated run of victories over Jacque G
6. Favourite motivational quote?
"Move you lazy log" as said by my Dad as a 10yo hockey player
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is …
Don't give up, and make as many friends as you can - it makes training fun.
8. My next race is …
Bribie Tri - a personal favourite
9. I couldn’t do without …
My husband who continues to support me (and keep my bike functioning) and my training buddies
10. My hidden talent is...
Yet to be found
11. I'd like to learn to...
Sing and dance
12. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Spend time with family and friends
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here