ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – NOVEMBER 2018
Congratulations to Jeanine Mitchell on being selected RDTT’s Athlete of the Month for November 2018!
Jeanine wins the award for winning her age group at the Challenge Family Asia Pacific 70.3 Championship in Taiwan.
A big thank you to our sponsors the Brow Bar, AvantiPlus The Valley, Mizuno and RHP Physiotherapy for donating this month’s prizes..
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Surprised! Never thought I would receive an "accolade"!
2. What attracted you to the club?
Originally I belonged to the Vipers but after moving across to Red Dog, I have really enjoyed the camaraderie and new found friendships... and secretly I've always loved the look of the Red Dog Kit :0P
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Currently up to 14.5 hours per week.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Long lonely bike rides leading up to an Ironman.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
That Rob would let me spend more money on sports gear, new bikes, helmets etc etc... and world peace.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
Do your best.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…start slowly, stick at it and most importantly have fun.
8. My next race is… Raby Bay Rumble this weekend and then IMNZ next March.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without… my training buddies.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Spend quality time with my family.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Coffee, chocolate, Coronas and champagne (the reason why I do triathlon - so I can have more than one)!
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here