ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – SEPTEMBER 2018
Congratulations to Casey Atkins on being selected RDTT’s Athlete of the Month for September 2018!
Casey wins the award for her silver medal at the ITU Age Group Standard Triathlon World Championships.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Very shocked, but grateful.
2. What attracted you to the club?
I was attracted to Red Dog by all the fantastic coaches and the bigger club size to have lots of people around me to help push me in training (and have a laugh with of course).
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
At the moment I train about 11ish hours a week give or take.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Any time we use paddles at swimming (it's a bit of a love-hate relationship).
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To be faster or to be able to be invisible.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is… to jump in and give everything a go, starting is the hardest part.
8. My next race is… Queensland Aquathlon and Australian Junior Tri Series Race 1.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without… my family, friends and avocado.
10. My hidden talent is ... bad dad jokes.
11. I'd like to learn to ... speak another language.
12. What do you do outside of triathlons?
I study Exercise Physiology at UQ, work as a learn to swim teacher and love socialising with my friends.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
A post race ice-cream.
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here