ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – AUGUST 2018
Congratulations to Jacque Gravesande on being selected RDTT’s Athlete of the Month for August 2018!
Jacque wins the award for her podium at Sunshine Coast 70.3.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Holy SH#$%T - very humble (not often but speachless).
2. What attracted you to the club?
Told to join by Alicia, but seriously loved the atmosphere witnessed by Red Dogs at events.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Past 16 weeks - lots (most of the program that I was on, approx 10-12 hours).
4. Least favourite session and why?
For the past 10 years has always been swimming but in the past 10 weeks something changed and I finally enjoy swimming (still can't swim but enjoy the water - now I need to try and like ocean swimming). Also Corso efforts #boring
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To beat Alicia Newman.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
Love reading all the motivational quotes on the wall at Cam's (do this instead of Vickers warm-up).
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is… enjoy it.
8. My next race is… Raby bay rumble - Biggest surprise one is 70.3 Nice next year.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
My amazing family and my best training buddy Alicia.
10. My hidden talent is ... it's still hidden.
11. I'd like to learn to ... swim.
12. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Work - Run a Guest House that is 7 days a week.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Wine and sleep.
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here