ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – SEPTEMBER 2016
Congratulations to Tyler Allan, AOTM for September 2016. Well done!!!
Tyler wins the award for placing 2nd in M20-24 at the Long Course World Championships in Oklahoma, USA.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
So honoured to get the ATOM after only being at the club a short while.
2. What attracted you to the club?
The level of competitiveness across the board. There’s always someone who can be pushing you along at the club.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
10-12 sessions a week if all is going well.
4. Least favourite session and why?
Would have to be ‘tough laps’ time trial, its pretty much summed up in the name.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To win Kona at some point.
6. Favourite motivational quote?
‘Do or Do Not there is no Try’.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Just keep going even if you feel like there’s no improvement eventually there will be.
8. My next race is…
Noosa as a bit of a run out after that the next serious race will be Hell of the West.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
My parents without a shadow of a doubt.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
More or less an early twenties lifestyle uni, parties, video games and girls.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Having the odd sleep-in when I should be training.
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here