ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – APRIL 2016
Congratulations to Nic Ennis, AOTM for April 2016. Well done!!!
A big thank you to the Brow Bar, Endura, Go Gecko, RHP Physiotherapy for donating this month’s prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
One of total surprise but am feeling totally pumped about it! I always joked that this was my main goal of training with Red Dog but I never thought it would happen as there are so many superstar athletes in this club!
2. What attracted you to the club?
I wanted to do the Noosa triathlon and thought the best way to achieve this goal would be to join a triathlon club. After doing a bit of research and chatting to a few different people I was recommended to join Red Dog because of Trent's coaching style...and of course the social aspect!
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Leading up to Port Mac (and when work permitted) 2 swims (cough cough), 3 runs and 3 bike sessions a week.
4. Least favourite session and why?
I don't think I need to answer this question...ask any Red Dog and they will tell you its swimming aaaargh.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To stay healthy....but really it would be to spend a year traveling first class around the world all expenses paid...how good!!
6. Favourite motivational quote?
"Consistency is key" by Brett Sweeney himself - simple yet very effective!
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is… just keep turning up and don't compare yourself to anyone else!
8. My next race is… the Noosa Winter Festival half marathon at the end of the month. Hopefully a late entry into the Noosa Triathlon as well to finish off the year.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without… all the Red Dogs in the club! Everyone is super supportive and encouraging but also make it fun which helps a lot when the alarm goes off way too early in the morning. Oh and special mention to Trent who has this amazing ability to make you believe in yourself enough to enter a half ironman event and finish it!
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
I love to travel; try to get to yoga as much as possible and enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Chocolate or champagne comes to mind but I never feel guilty about that. Right now I would say sleeping in is my guilty pleasure...I love it when it happens!
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here