ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – OCTOBER 2015
Congratulations to Sarah Richmond on being selected as Red Dog’s Athlete of the Month for October 2015. Well done !!!
Sarah takes out this month's award for her commitment to training and outstanding results at the Duathlon World Championships.
A big thank you to No More Knots, Skin Strong, The Brow Bar and Endura for donating this months’ prizes.
1. Red Dog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
Shocked and honoured to be chosen. Thank you!
2. What attracted you to the club?
I want to see what I can achieve in triathlon. I've been doing triathlons for a while now and got to know a few of the club members and seen how they had improved. I wondered if a change in club would help, so here I am and loving every minute of it.
3. How much training do you do at the moment?
Is it bad to say I train everyday, some days twice a day?
4. Least favourite session and why?
Swimming, especially when the water is cold, I hate the cold!!!
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
To be able to swim fast!
6. Favourite motivational quote?
“Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them”.
7. The one bit of advice I’d give to a newbie is…
Have fun, that's what we are all out there to do.
8. My next race is…
my next main race is HOTW - I've been there 3 times and still not completed the full event.
9. I couldn’t do what I do without…
The support from my family and friends.
10. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Work, work work, oh and sleep !!! What I'd like to do out of triathlons is another thing - spend more time with family and friends; my partner and I have just bought a house so I'm looking forward to doing some renovations.
11. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
Am I allowed two? - Chocolate and ice cream.
A list of all AOTM recipients can be found here