ATHLETE OF THE MONTH – MAY 2013
Congratulations to BRAD MATHERS who wins the May AOTM award for his outstanding performance at Byron Bay Triathlon.
A big thank you to Fusion, Aussie Tom and the team at No More Knots for donating this months’ prize.
1. Reddog AOTM, how do you feel about that?
A big honour amongst an exceptional bunch of athletes!!
2. What attracted you to the squad?
I moved to Brisbane from the Gold Coast at the beginning of the year and did my research on all the available clubs in Brisbane. There was a lot of Reddogs dominating the age groups, (especially mine) so I wanted to get in there and be a part of it! There is such a great diversity of talent within the club in each of the three disciplines that you can be constantly challenged in training.
3. If you were Reddogcoach for the week, what would you do differently?
A Reddog tri challenge with handicaps would be fun, maybe down at Lake Hugh Muntz.
4. How much training do you do at the moment?
Train most days twice a day. A couple of afternoons off per week.
5. Least favourite session and why?
25 meter pool sets, that's a lot of tumble turns right there.
6. If you had one wish, what would it be?
Just to live a long, healthy and happy life.
7. Favourite motivational quote?
“An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head”. (Emil Zatopek)
8. What advice would you give to other Reddogs who would like to be AOTM?
Have fun, keep it consistent and set yourself specific goals before each training session.
9. What are your goals?
To stay injury free and enjoy another year of training and racing.
10. Who would be your ideal training partner?
All the Reddogs! Great bunch of athletes with similar interests.
11. What do you do outside of triathlons?
Play guitar, surf, hang out with friends and family.